• update

The text box issue is fixed. You can now post just a title in replies again. Thank you Manny! Working on the rest. Thank you for your patience.

Lone Nerd History Group

Home Lone Nerd History Group

I love Acorn TV!!!

• Haikugal (5329 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

I love Acorn TV!!!

just had to say something! It’s affordable and offers all the kinds of programs I like to watch.

:hi:

Enthusiast, avaistheone1, Cleita and 5 othersJan Boehmermann, roguevalley, djean111, twenty, Koko like this
      Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!! Kick against the pricks!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
9 replies
  • djean111 (4206 posts)
    Profile photo of djean111 Donor

1. Good to know, thanks! I have been considering it.

I love the BBC murder mysteries.  And comedies.

You think the only reason that people won't vote for a warmongering Third Way fracking-enabling cluster bomb throwing H-1B increasing lying pandering corporate and Wall Street shill who says she has no problem putting abortion rights on the table is because we are mad about Bernie?  Um, nope.
  • VoiceOfReason (989 posts)
    Profile photo of VoiceOfReason Banned

2. at $5.oo per month

it’s a good bargain.

"Men who do evil brilliantly are often admired"  Voltaire BERN BABY BERN!!  War is madness!
  • jopacaco (81 posts)
    Profile photo of jopacaco Donor

3. Murdoch Mysteries on Acorn

Check out the Murdoch Mysteries. It is a long running Canadian series about a detective in the late 19th century who was way ahead of his time.

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced."   Frank Zappa "Either we figure out how to keep corporate cash out of the political system, or we lose the democracy.” Molly Ivins
    • VoiceOfReason (989 posts)
      Profile photo of VoiceOfReason Banned

4. I've seen them

love em!  On my basic cable      bbc network.

"Men who do evil brilliantly are often admired"  Voltaire BERN BABY BERN!!  War is madness!
  • dorkzilla (2402 posts)
    Profile photo of dorkzilla Donor

5. Try BritBox!

Even better than Acorn imho. Might even be the same company.

https://www.britbox.com

• djean111 (4206 posts)
      Profile photo of djean111 Donor

6. Thanks!

You think the only reason that people won't vote for a warmongering Third Way fracking-enabling cluster bomb throwing H-1B increasing lying pandering corporate and Wall Street shill who says she has no problem putting abortion rights on the table is because we are mad about Bernie?  Um, nope.
    • Haikugal (5329 posts)

7. If I can only have one which would you recommend? BritBox?

• dorkzilla (2402 posts)
        Profile photo of dorkzilla Donor

8. Yes, based one the variety of programming alone.

They add content more regularly than Acorn, and even have most of the cheesy British soaps like East Enders. They have better documentaries, but Acorn has newer mysteries (although BritBox has the old Joan Hickson Miss Marple series, huzzah!!)

• Haikugal (5329 posts)

9. Thanks, I'll give it a try!

:hi: