Lone Nerd History Group

Home Lone Nerd History Group

Since Haikugal is the only person who ever reads this

• dorkzilla (2287 posts)
    Profile photo of dorkzilla Donor

Since Haikugal is the only person who ever reads this

I’ve decided I’m going to start making shit up, based on actual historical figures/dates/events.

On June 28, 1461, Edward IV was crowned King of England.  The first Yorkist king, Edward was also an avid gardner who had the tendency to misunderstand things, owing to hearing loss sustained due to an unfortunate zeal for cleaning the wax out of his ears after imbibing copious amounts of mead, thus puncturing his ear drum.  His monarchical reign was marred by the fact that he spent a great deal of time fighting aphids and thorns as a result of his misconstruing the actual meaning of wars of the roses, and spent all his time cultivating flowers instead of leading his nation.

He died suddenly at the age of 40, in 1483 and there is lingering speculation that he was done in by the rival Lancastrian Rose Lover’s Group after rumors spread of Edward’s development of an extremely fragrant and hardy hybrid tea rose that he was going to enter into the annual Windsor Rose Competition.

LaaDeeDaaVA, VoiceOfReason, jwirr and 19 othersCaretha, Flying Shoe, heddafoil, Pakhet, notemason, calliope, faultindicator, Bluesuedeshoes, Xcaliber, GivingItToYouStraight, Haikugal, Enthusiast, Flyingdragon, starroute, LiberalArkie, alcina, KarenS, a2liberal, polly7 like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
11 replies
  • Flyingdragon (145 posts)
    Profile photo of Flyingdragon

1. Ok, I just joined to keep you honest, and because I am interested,

I used to grow ‘old garden roses.’

I grew both of these roses but can not figure out how to download my photos, so I stole these-

Alba Semi-Plena, White Rose of York

http://www.rosesloubert.com/collection%20loubert/2002/rosa%20alba%20semi-plena.jpg

The Rosa Gallica Officianalis – or the “Apothecary Rose,” it was the symbol of the House of Lancaster.

http://www.landscapeofus.com/garden/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/rosa-gallica-officinalis.jpg

"You're born an original. Don't die a copy."  John Mason. Also, Flyingdragon  NEE... PANGAIA
  • Enthusiast (6607 posts)
    Profile photo of Enthusiast Donor

2. I didn't know of the existence of this group

I require frequent guidance.  :-D

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church
  • Haikugal (4802 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

3. You called?

How did you know I read here…I never say anything. I think of you often and I’m glad to see there is company! Hi everyone!! :hi:

There is so much to talk about…every bit as interesting as GOT right?!

Yes Enthusiast needs a rope tied from the porch to the outhouse… :shrug: We love you Enthusiast!

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!!
    • Enthusiast (6607 posts)
      Profile photo of Enthusiast Donor

7. A rope is just the thing! I love you back.

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church
  • GivingItToYouStraight (744 posts)
    Profile photo of GivingItToYouStraight

4. LOL. Ok the genealogist in me can't let history be rewritten.

I’m in. Hi to all! :-D

• cui bono (926 posts)
    Profile photo of cui bono Donor

5. You're going to START making shit up??? START???

Really???

:evilgrin:

The DNC can try to squash us but we'll just come back stronger.   
    • dorkzilla (2287 posts)

8. HEY! I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!

Like I would ever make anything up.  Pffffttt.

• historylovr (167 posts)
    Profile photo of historylovr Donor

6. OMG, too funny!

• cc6 (1447 posts)
    Profile photo of cc6

9. Ms. Lumley, aren't you a direct descendant?

n/t

(~_^)  and this  o (~_~) o   (#~_~)  o   and (^~^)3   this (o_o)   this  (6_6)  (O_O) and  (*_*) (*_o) (o*o) 
    • dorkzilla (2287 posts)

10. Sorta, From Edward III

My line descended from Thomas of Woodstock, through his daughter Anne and into relative obscurity.

• jwirr (2954 posts)
    Profile photo of jwirr Donor

11. LOL Have read a few of your jokes – makes us think.