• Update on weirdness

Update on site issues: (1. replies now need a title *and* something in the message box, 2. certain links are causing strange pop-ups on Apple devices, and 3. Some folks can't type anything into the text box.) Basically, a series of unfortunate events set us back on testing. We'll get to it as soon as we can, and hopefully things can get fixed by this weekend if not before.  More info: https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/site-problems-more-info/

Lone Nerd History Group

Home Lone Nerd History Group

The Hollow Crown

• DookDook (267 posts)
    Profile photo of DookDook

The Hollow Crown

Not sure if anyone else watched PBS’s series, The Hollow Crown but they just announced that part two of the series will be airing this December on PBS.

The first series consisted of Shakespeare’s Richard II, Henry IV Part 1, Henry IV Part 2, and Henry V.  The second cycle of plays will be Henry VI part 1, Henry VI part 2, and Richard III.  (Spoilers, Richard ends up in a car park)

The first series was amazing and I plan on watching them through again before the second cycle starts up.

Idaho progressive, Haikugal, Debbiecdc and 2 othersEnthusiast, dorkzilla like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• historylovr (175 posts)
    Profile photo of historylovr Donor

1. Cool.

I’ve just watched Richard II and Henry IV part 1, and I’m looking forward to seeing how their Henry V compares with Branagh’s, which I absolutely love. Will be interesting to see how they do the rest as well.

• Debbiecdc (159 posts)
    Profile photo of Debbiecdc

2. I'm looking forward to watching all of these

Haven’t started the series as yet though, but this is just my cup of tea!

Branagh’s Henry V was just so magnificent, it will be hard to compete with.

I am a huge Cumberbatch fan so his Richard III is going to be very high on my list of must see.  I saw him do Hamlet on stage in London last October and he was mesmerizing.  It was a different interpretation, not the classical.  Along the lines of the Richard III film interpretation (with Ian McKellen as Richard) with the Lancasters and the Yorks as Britain vs. the Nazis in WWII and Cumberbatch’s Hamlet was that sort of genre adaptation.