Lone Nerd History

America’s War Against Switzerland

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jan Boehmerman
      • Total Posts: 4,573
      Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 21,914

I’m surprised they didn’t mention the food blockade of 1944-45. The Swiss had continued to sell all sorts of war material to the Nazis and refused to stop. After the Allies, mainly Americans, took over the south of France in the summer of 1944, they issued the Swiss an ultimatum: Stop selling to the Germans or we cut off all your imports from the south, including food.

My understanding is that it was a hungry winter in Switzerland, though nobody actually starved. In the spring of 1945, the Swiss did cut off the Germans and food shipments through Marseille resumed.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

You can jail a revolutionary, but you can't jail the revolution.--Fred Hampton

Enthusiast
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,142

Interesting piece.

I would like to remind you that U.S. health insurance companies do not contribute anything to health care. They are only a PARASITIC middle man receiving an undeserved cut of "FREE MONEY".

Me

HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 7,568

until they stopped schwingen. But it’s not a threat. Never caught on anywhere else, as far as I know.

HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 7,568

They take the big white cross and put a falcon head on it. Here’s an article about how their air force demonstration team buzzed the wrong city. They had no GPS! Pretty funny.

Swiss air force team apologizes for fly-by in wrong place – Insider

Jan Boehmerman
      • Total Posts: 4,573
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.