Movies, Television, Streaming

Das Boot-European Union TV series(2020)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 13,851

There’s an 8 episode long season on Hulu now, and I just finished it thanks to lots of stay-at-home time lately. This is a European Union film commission or something series in cooperation with Sky and Bavaria Films. Looks like it’s mainly Franco-German, which makes sense.

If you like the book or the original movie, you will be disappointed if you expect the plot to follow the book. It doesn’t at all. There’s a twin plotline: There is a German U-Boat in the Atlantic in 1942 going through all sorts of weird and dangerous shit, and there’s a whole other subplot involving a Gestapo man/German woman/Communist woman & French Resistance fighter love triangle.

One episode takes a swipe at the Bush Crime Family, not by name, but by implication. The son of a wealthy American oligarch is traded for a German U-Boat captain, and the son spills the beans on where the money to build Hitler’s fleet really came from.

The two subplots have lots of twists and turns, a few surprises, decent submarine warfare and Nazis v. Resistance action, and I found it entertaining. I’d give this one 4 stars out of 5, but that’s me. Enjoy if you’re interested.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

If Democrats don’t stand for the people, why should people stand for them?--Jim Hightower

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.