Movies, Television, Streaming

Game Change—HBO Max streaming

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      NV Wino
      • Total Posts: 9,236

This is a mockumentary of a behind the scenes look at the McCain/Palin campaign. Ed Harris as McCain. Julienne Moore as Palin. She has Palin’s voice nailed to the extent I almost turned it off. But, I’m glad I didn’t. If you have HBO, watch this. It takes you from the great hope of a two-maverick journey to the White House to the slow realization that they fucked up with Palin… bigly. It’s done with actual clips from the campaign, clips altered to include the actors, and unadulterated scenes using real and imagined dialogue. Very well done.

“As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee
      “Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 7,645

I dropped HBO a month ago, but I have a fall-back. If I can get her interested, I’m in…

She also has Netflix, and I thoroughly enjoy watching the Crown, which I heard about from you, @nvwino.

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

JonLP
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,584

John McCain:
      There’s a dark side to American populism. Some people win elections tapping into it. I’m not one of those people.

https://www.quotes.net/mquote/1008325

The context is the campaign was decided to launch attacks on Obama & Jeremiah Wright but they settled on Bill Ayers because it wasn’t racial.

Let this radicalize you rather than lead you to despair - Mariame Kaba

Like many public systems, GOP want to rip the battery out + say the whole car doesn’t work, so they can sell it for parts - AOC

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.