Movies, Television, Streaming

Mr. Mercedes – Peacock streaming

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      djean111
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 6,438

I am in the middle of season two, really like this.   Scary and shocking and funny.   It is from some Stephen King novels, and, IMO, one of the better adaptations of King’s books.  The soundtrack is great, again IMO, and the opening credits songs from the first two seasons are  also great – It’s Not Too Late, by T-Bone Burnett, and I Shall  Not Be Moved, by Mississippi John Hurt.  First time ever I did not skip the opening credits.  Had not realized Burnett also was responsible for the great opening credits song from the first season of True Detective.  I just thought of him in terms of a producer, and loved his “Making of Llewellyn Bowen” film and album, perfection.  Now I am a fan, and, as an aside, he does the absolute coolest acoustic version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen than can be imagined.

Anyway, there are three seasons of Mr. Mercedes, no one knows if there will be another, and Brendan Gleeson is marvelous, as are Mary-Louise Parker and Holland Taylor and Harry Treadaway (Victor Frankenstein from Penny Dreadful, scariest acting ever), and, really, all the cast.  The series was created by the Audience Network (AT&T), now defunct, so maybe someone will pick this up and continue.  Of course, I am still hoping for more Hannibal, alas.

Gleeson is also great in In Bruges, the darkest of all dark comedies.   IMO.

Peacock streaming is free if you do not mind commercials – I don’t – and once in a while an advertiser arranges for a commercial free episode.

America is not a country, it's just a business. (Brad Pitt, Killing Them Softly)

Everything I post is just my opinion, and, honestly, I would love to be wrong.

Haikugal
      • Total Posts: 2,328
        djean111
        Participant

It is free, if you do not mind commercials, and the”premium” is pretty cheap.  Peacock picked the series up when ATT’s Audience was discontinued.  If you Google watch mr. mercedes, you can see where else to watch, no Hulu (I love Hulu) but apple, amazon, vudu, for a fee, looks like.

America is not a country, it's just a business. (Brad Pitt, Killing Them Softly)

Haikugal
      • Total Posts: 2,328

I’m enjoying this series, thanks for the link and rundown. I enjoy a good murder mystery.

djean111
        Participant

and Nordic noir (actually global noir), MHZChoice is good, shows from all over the world, except the US, all subtitled,  and about 8 or 9 dollars a month.

djean111
        Participant

So I did, and this is the first time I have ever paid to watch an individual show.   But yeah, I will have a month of all the other premium stuff, too.  Also – the song for the third season opening is Bob Dylan’s A series of Dreams, which is a wondrous song, so I will not be skipping the opening stuff!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.