Movies, Television, Streaming

Orange is the New Black—final season

• Author

NV Wino
    • Total Posts: 3,032
    @nvwino

Gotta warn ya, this is not an upbeat season. It is, however, an outstanding season. In addition to continuing to expose the prison system, they take on the immigration camps and the deportation program. So grab some tissues—trust me, you’ll need them—and settle in for a wild ride.

Some people see this show just as entertainment, but I rate it right up there with The Wire and Breaking Bad for exposing the corrupt underbelly of America. Shows like these do more to educate the populace than any other book or article or protest or petition ever could. These shows are gritty and raw and show us lives that most of us, insulated in our comfortable little bubbles, would not ordinarily see. I am so glad that Netflix takes chances on shows like Orange Is the New Black.

“As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee
    “Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

NJCher
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 320
    @njcher

Thanks for your thoughts. I watched the first 2 seasons by myself, but I always watch TV with the Resident Gourmand during dinner, so I haven’t seen the other seasons.  I also read the book. My library has the entire series, so on his next business trip….

Mr. Mickeys Mom
    • Total Posts: 1,524
    @mrmickeysmom

Never have I watched, but now that I’ve retired and after getting your take, I’ve got to find a way (outside of Netflix) to see it. Maybe our library carries it, too.

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.