Movies, Television, Streaming

Raise Hell: The Life & Times of Molly Ivins

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,888

Molly Ivins was the rock star of political columnists, and the movie traces her career, as you would expect. I was surprised to see one point made several times: our political system has been ruined by money, and both parties are complicit. It’s kind of a fun film because you get a lot of her good ole gal Texas humor. And she was funny, not to mention scary smart. The discouraging thing, the same thing that discourages Ivins, is that so few politicians are interested in working for the public interest.

Gryneos
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,212

I had donated money to their kickstarter (I think that’s what the documentarians used) but that was also many years ago. They were supposed to send a DVD. That never happened, so I guess the only perk I might see is my name (if that’s listed in the credits).

How did you view it? DVD, streaming, satellite channel?

Who are you? | What do you want? | Why are you here? | Where are you going? | Do you have anything worth living for? | Who do you serve and who do you trust?

HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,888

See if your library has an online catalog. Most do.

Gryneos
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,212

I know they have online material, but haven’t gotten very deep into the catalogs.

Who are you? | What do you want? | Why are you here? | Where are you going? | Do you have anything worth living for? | Who do you serve and who do you trust?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.