Movies, Television, Streaming

Ratched—Netflix streaming

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      NJCher
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,196

I heard it was. I have to stay away from that kind of stuff because of my vivid imagination.

NV Wino
      • Total Posts: 8,244

But if you’re sensitive, probably best to avoid it.

@njcher

“As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee
      “Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

NV Wino

Oooo, you’re in for a treat on this one. This is visually stunning: the sets; the costumes; the camerawork; the direction; the lighting. Stark and rich at the same time. So far (only finished the first episode) the acting is a stand-out, too. This is what good TV is all about. Check it out. You won’t be disappointed.

“Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 6,413

I don’t have Netflix and therefore, must explain more to my sister (who HAS Netflix) what it’s essential about…

I’ll go look it up on the internets, meanwhile, @nvwino… By the way, to give you an idea of how my tastes run when given the chance to follow series, the latest one that I had an idea to watch and DID (because I’m just a little different from ordinary… okay, a lot different) is The Midnight Gospel, which I’ve seen 3 episodes and absolutely gotten into. Other than that, I must be on season 4 by now of Orange is the New Black.

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

NV Wino

She was “the” nurse in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. This is supposed to be her back story.

@mrmickeysmom

Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 6,413

That one ought to be an automatic, “yeah, let’s watch it!” I wondered if it was based on her character.

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 21,911

Which is why I’ll never read the book again and haven’t watched the movie in over ten years. Probably would now, though, but only if Mrs. Barbarian or my stepdaughter wanted to. I do like Jack Nicholson.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

You can jail a revolutionary, but you can't jail the revolution.--Fred Hampton

Utopian Leftist
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 717

watch Hannibal. It is the back story of Dr. Lector, from Silence of the Lambs, etc. And Gillian Anderson plays Hannibal’s psychiatrist . . . priceless. Gory though. Way more gory than the movies were, IMO.

I got through the second season of Hannibal before getting hijacked by “The Boys” on Amazon Prime. That show is righteous, so far! Enough twists and turns to keep me on the edge of my seat, where I like to be.

"All fascism is a result of a failure of the left to provide a viable alternative." ~ Trotsky
      “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” ~ Krishnamurti

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.