Movies, Television, Streaming

Strictly Ballroom

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      djean111
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,914

Very early Baz Luhrmann.  Just found it on Netflix.  I have watched it many times, over the years, and still love it.  Mind you, I usually watch grim Scandinavian and British murder mystery stuff.  Game of Thrones, Banshee, Ray Donovan, The Leftovers, Tinker Tailor, Broadchurch, The Hinterlands, Wallander.  Stuff like that.   But this is a happy little movie.  I still mist up at the end.  Do not tell anyone.  Was surprised to find out how popular it was, even at the Cannes Film Festival.  Anyway, nice light-hearted movie, about ballroom dancing.   One of the most successful Australian movies of all time, thus sayeth Wikipedia.  I also recommend Muriel’s Wedding – Abba soundtrack, and almost all of the characters are assholes.  But it is funny.

I once dated a guy who did ballroom dancing, and said oh, really, you are not interested in your partner?  He said nope, not romantic, and he taught me some steps.  Really, it was work, chanting 1 2 3 1 2 3 turn dip turn…..not romantic in the least.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.