Musical Instruments

Muh favorite

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      sonofspy777
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,429

Looks like Sunfire plays like butter!

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”
      ~Samuel Clemens

Bellicose Lugosi
      • Total Posts: 214

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is that?

My current favorite – although I absolutely love my Tele –

It's alright Ma, it's life and life only.

sonofspy777
        Participant

Of Parkers import line, Ken Parker’s last original design..

Here’s the whole guitar…

https://i.postimg.cc/jSnyrTBp/PM20-Promo.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/9fqRsBwC/SOS11.jpg

Beautiful Martin BTW!

~Samuel Clemens

Bellicose Lugosi
          • Total Posts: 214

It rings a bell in the back of my brain somewhere – Parker.  The headstock is the giveaway to spotting one right?

Nice looking guitar!

It's alright Ma, it's life and life only.

Land of Enchantment
        Keymaster
        • Total Posts: 741

What year is it? Beautiful….

“Hope is the feathered thing that perches in your heart.” ~ Emily Dickinson

Rocky
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 165

stunning!

I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
      In a world full of pushin' and shove.

Jimmy Buffett, "The Wino and I Know"

ravensong
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,222

My baby is a customized ’99 hardtail Sunburst American Standard Strat, rosewood board, black pickguard, Texas Specials at the neck and middle, Delta Tone at bridge, Schaller locking tuners.

“A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by a majority.” ~ Booker T. Washington

The truth is, there’s no such thing as being “anti-Fascist.” Either you are a decent human being with a conscience, or you are a fascist.
      ~ Unknown

Joe Shlabotnik
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 865

My #1 guitar for years was a 1992 SRV Strat, then when I needed cash I sold it.  I ended up missing it and bought a ’97 SRV Strat about 3 years ago. Though since I really don’t play much anymore, I’d say my new #1 has become a cheap Epiphone ES 175 re-issue.

Commercial Photography

Its obviously nothing like I was used to, but I wanted something different.  Although I liked the thick D neck on the SRV’s, and heavier gauge steel strings, my 175 has light flat wound nickel strings on a much thinner neck. The acoustic element makes it more readily playable too.

~ All good things are Wild and Free ~

ravensong
          Participant
          • Total Posts: 2,222

I’ve played Epiphones that were way more playable and sounded better than that Gibson I had, it was a real dog.

The SRV’s have a nice tone.  Obviously, you picked up that my strat is kind of a hybrid SRV.

“A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by a majority.” ~ Booker T. Washington

The truth is, there’s no such thing as being “anti-Fascist.” Either you are a decent human being with a conscience, or you are a fascist.
          ~ Unknown

Joe Shlabotnik
            Participant
            • Total Posts: 865

I did, that was my first thought actually. And I agree about cheap Epi’s vs Gibsons; when I was a teenager I worked and saved my ass off to buy an overpriced Gibson Les Paul gold top. What an unplayable piece of crap. And every cheap guitar I’ve bought since then has been used and bought on Kijiji for a peanuts.  If I get tired of them, I can let go just as easy too.

~ All good things are Wild and Free ~

sonofspy777
      Participant

duplicate

~Samuel Clemens

sonofspy777
      Participant

so I never enjoyed playing a Strat but always liked their unique sound…

~Samuel Clemens

Robot X
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 447

I guess my favorite is a MIM Stratocaster w/Floyd Rose and DiMarzio stacked humbucker at the bridge. I’ve had it the longest. However I came into a little bit of insurance money and decided to treat myself. At first I was going to get an American Gibson or Fender. Instead I bought 6 Chinese knock offs and modded them as needed. Mostly Seymour Duncans and Grover locking tuners. I got 2 Les Pauls, 1 PRS, 1 Stratocaster, 1 Telecaster, 1 SG.

I now have all the classic guitar shapes I’ve always wanted. They all look and play great for less than the price of 1 American Custom Shop guitar.

sonofspy777
        Participant

Never had the money to buy a new guitar…here’s the rest of mine

~Samuel Clemens

Deadpool
      Keymaster
      • Total Posts: 4,020

This OP is now in the Musical Instruments group.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.