Musical Instruments

Muh favorite

• Author

sonofspy777
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 3,885
    @sonofspy777

Looks like Sunfire plays like butter!

““The average American today is underpaid, overworked and stressed out as to what the future will bring for his or her children. For many, the American dream has become a nightmare.”." ~Bernie Sanders

Bellicose Lugosi
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 172
    @bellicoselugosi

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is that?

My current favorite – although I absolutely love my Tele –

It's alright Ma, it's life and life only.

sonofspy777
      Donor
      @sonofspy777

Of Parkers import line, Ken Parker’s last original design..

Here’s the whole guitar…

https://i.postimg.cc/jSnyrTBp/PM20-Promo.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/9fqRsBwC/SOS11.jpg

Beautiful Martin BTW!

““The average American today is underpaid, overworked and stressed out as to what the future will bring for his or her children. For many, the American dream has become a nightmare.”." ~Bernie Sanders

Bellicose Lugosi
        Donor
        • Total Posts: 172
        @bellicoselugosi

It rings a bell in the back of my brain somewhere – Parker.  The headstock is the giveaway to spotting one right?

Nice looking guitar!

It's alright Ma, it's life and life only.

sonofspy777
          Donor
          @sonofspy777

most of the Parkers look more like this:

https://img.audiofanzine.com/images/u/product/normal/parker-guitars-fly-mojo-62051.jpg

Land of Enchantment
      Administrator
      • Total Posts: 728
      @landofenchantment

What year is it? Beautiful….

“Hope is the feathered thing that perches in your heart.” ~ Emily Dickinson

Rocky
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 89
    @rocky

stunning!

“The supreme reality of our time is the vulnerability of this planet.” John F. Kennedy

ravensong
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 1,014
    @ravensong

My baby is a customized ’99 hardtail Sunburst American Standard Strat, rosewood board, black pickguard, Texas Specials at the neck and middle, Delta Tone at bridge, Schaller locking tuners.

Promote Freedom From Religion, and Separation of Church and State.

See how much you will pay for Healthcare under Bernie Sanders Medicare for All plan:
    https://www.mfacalc.com/
    Together, together, my friends, we have begun a political revolution to transform America, and that revolution, our revolution, continues! ~ Bernie

Joe Shlabotnik
      Donor
      • Total Posts: 578
      @joeshlabotnik

My #1 guitar for years was a 1992 SRV Strat, then when I needed cash I sold it.  I ended up missing it and bought a ’97 SRV Strat about 3 years ago. Though since I really don’t play much anymore, I’d say my new #1 has become a cheap Epiphone ES 175 re-issue.

Commercial Photography

Its obviously nothing like I was used to, but I wanted something different.  Although I liked the thick D neck on the SRV’s, and heavier gauge steel strings, my 175 has light flat wound nickel strings on a much thinner neck. The acoustic element makes it more readily playable too.

~ All good things are Wild and Free ~

ravensong
        Donor
        • Total Posts: 1,014
        @ravensong

I’ve played Epiphones that were way more playable and sounded better than that Gibson I had, it was a real dog.

The SRV’s have a nice tone.  Obviously, you picked up that my strat is kind of a hybrid SRV.

Promote Freedom From Religion, and Separation of Church and State.

See how much you will pay for Healthcare under Bernie Sanders Medicare for All plan:
        https://www.mfacalc.com/
        Together, together, my friends, we have begun a political revolution to transform America, and that revolution, our revolution, continues! ~ Bernie

Joe Shlabotnik
          Donor
          • Total Posts: 578
          @joeshlabotnik

I did, that was my first thought actually. And I agree about cheap Epi’s vs Gibsons; when I was a teenager I worked and saved my ass off to buy an overpriced Gibson Les Paul gold top. What an unplayable piece of crap. And every cheap guitar I’ve bought since then has been used and bought on Kijiji for a peanuts.  If I get tired of them, I can let go just as easy too.

~ All good things are Wild and Free ~

sonofspy777
    Donor
    @sonofspy777

duplicate

sonofspy777
    Donor
    @sonofspy777

so I never enjoyed playing a Strat but always liked their unique sound…

Robot X
    • Total Posts: 238
    @robotx

I guess my favorite is a MIM Stratocaster w/Floyd Rose and DiMarzio stacked humbucker at the bridge. I’ve had it the longest. However I came into a little bit of insurance money and decided to treat myself. At first I was going to get an American Gibson or Fender. Instead I bought 6 Chinese knock offs and modded them as needed. Mostly Seymour Duncans and Grover locking tuners. I got 2 Les Pauls, 1 PRS, 1 Stratocaster, 1 Telecaster, 1 SG.

I now have all the classic guitar shapes I’ve always wanted. They all look and play great for less than the price of 1 American Custom Shop guitar.

sonofspy777
      Donor
      @sonofspy777

Never had the money to buy a new guitar…here’s the rest of mine

Deadpool
    Administrator
    • Total Posts: 2,300
    @deadpool

This OP is now in the Musical Instruments group.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.