Political Humor

DNC slashes price for photo op with Kamala Harris by $10,000

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      gordyfl
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,323

The cost of everything is going up under the Biden administration — well, maybe except one thing.

The Democratic National Committee has reportedly cut prices for fundraising photo ops with Vice President Kamala Harris — from a whopping $15,000 to $5,000.

The cost of taking a photo with Harris at last month’s DNC’s Women’s Leadership Forum was slated to start at $15,000 before it was eventually postponed due to an apparent lack of ticket sales, Puck reported Tuesday.

Gleeful Twitter users immediately seized on Harris’ apparent lack of popularity.

“Biden was right; Inflation was transitory, prices are coming back down.” — Abu Reid, Twitter
      Tara Palmeri

“DNC is slashing prices for a photo w/ Kamala Harris. Tickets for a photo with the VP at the Women’s Leadership Forum started at $15,000, but it failed to sell enough tickets & is being postponed. VP’s June fundraiser in Cali is charging $5,000 for a photo.” — Tara Palmeri, Twitter

Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/grandoldmemes/status/1539239764796362755

The DNC wouldn’t answer The Post’s questions about the slashed prices Tuesday — or the reason behind postponing Harris’ fundraising event last month.
      “The DNC works with our hosts and fundraisers to set specific ticket prices for each event. As has always been the case, there are a variety of ticket levels for every event as is pretty standard for finance events,” DNC deputy communications director Daniel Wessel said.
      “We’ve raised record amounts of money with help from both Vice President Harris and President Biden, so we’re going to continue to do what clearly works well for the party and our donors.”

Link: https://nypost.com/2022/06/21/dnc-slashes-price-for-photo-op-with-kamala-harris-by-10k/

Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 7,813

Made me think of this chic from the original movie, South Pacific… Bloody Mary…

Juanita Hall Picture YOU LIKE? I GIVE YOU FREE!

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

Satan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 6,134

In their previous incarnation as the delusional PUMA cult, they agonized over the world refusing to accept their Lord & Savior, Hillary Clinton as Supreme Malevolent (Femalevolent??) Ruler of the Galaxy. And then bet their very souls that Scamala would succeed where Her Royal Corruptness of the Weathervanes had failed. Must really suck to be so 666% completely wrong yet again. Who will be their next object of Idolatry?? Shontel Stepford Wife Brown, maybe??  She really seems to bring in the Likud warmonger money.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable". - John F. Kennedy

jbnw
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 9,150

Seemed reasonable from an original price of $5000.

mrdmk
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,261

Is, when the bidders are contracting you to haul your junk away!

If you cannot dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit WC Fields

Warning DO NOT CLICK HERE!
      Babel 17
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 6,554

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2019/01/27/willie-brown-kamala-harris-san-francisco-chronicle-letter/2695143002/

https://people.com/archive/no-mere-mayor-vol-45-no-25/

“The measure of his flamboyance is he’ll go to a party with his wife on one arm and his girlfriend on the other.”

Nine A.M. on the hour hand
      And she’s waiting for the bell
      And she’s looking real pretty
      Just wait for her clientele

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She_Works_Hard_for_the_Money#Background_and_composition

Don't Kill the Whale
      Don't feed the trolls

djean111
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 8,337

So far the only possible campaign slogan I have seen is “possibly better than Biden”.  Nope.  Horrific in a different way.  Glad to not be a Dem any more, that’s for sure.  Imagine being tasked with shilling Kamala Harris.

America is not a country, it's just a business. (Brad Pitt, Killing Them Softly)

"Sometimes when I try to understand a person's motives, I play a little game. I assume the worst. What's the worst reason they could possibly have for saying what they say and doing what they do? Then I ask myself, 'How well does that reason explain what they say and what they do?'" GRRM

A YouTube comment – we need new conspiracy theories – the old ones have all come true.

Utopian Leftist
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,145

This says it all:

so we’re going to continue to do what clearly works well for the party and our donors.”

Translation: To Hell with what is right! We want what is good for the DNC and the filthy wealth behind it, even if that means selling a loser like Kamala.

How do you sell a loser like Kamala?
      How does she hold up progress with one hand?
      And
      How would you make her stay and listen to all you say?
      Her salad words you will not understand, oh,
      How do you sell a loser like Kamala?

“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” ~ Krishnamurti
      "Given the choice between a Republican and a Democrat who acts like a Republican, the voter will choose a Republican every time." ~ Harry Truman

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.