Political Humor

RT: Maddow’s latest crystal ball reading: Putin ‘ordered’ Trump to withdraw from Afghanistan

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      joentokyo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,026
      MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow – a pioneer of Putin-ate-my-homework journalism – has predictably mused that Donald Trump is considering pulling troops out of Afghanistan on the orders of Russia’s president. The evidence speaks for itself.

In a segment on her critically-acclaimed show, “Watch Me Scream ‘Russia’ Until I Dislocate My Jaw”, Maddow made an adroit observation of seismic proportions: Reports that Donald Trump is mulling a partial withdrawal from Afghanistan emerged only hours after Vladimir Putin said that the US keeps promising to leave the country but never does! In layman’s terms: Putin ordered Trump to pull troops out of Afghanistan, during a live broadcast? It seems Maddow believes that she decrypted their top-secret communications channel.

–more drivel @  https://www.rt.com/usa/447152-maddow-trump-putin-afghanistan/

“A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves” ~ French philosopher Bertrand de Jouvenel (1903-1987)

Land of Enchantment
      Keymaster
      • Total Posts: 741

Ferchrissake–there is no there there! They look like fools grasping at the absurd…And while I’m at it–all the rage over Facebook, Twitter and Instagram—RUSSIANS!!! You know, if someone bases their vote on an advertisement on any of those, perhaps they should not be voting…

“Hope is the feathered thing that perches in your heart.” ~ Emily Dickinson

Ohio Barbarian
        • Total Posts: 17,244

Afghanistan is some influence and a government that is not actively hostile to it. Failing that, stability would be nice for Russia and Afghanistan’s immediate neighbors, even if it’s under a feudalistic regime dominated by the Taliban.

Keeping American and other Western troops there in a lost cause that benefits only Western Merchants of Death prevents either one of those things from happening. Yet another reason to withdraw from Afghanistan altogether.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

Show me a man that gets rich by being a politician, and I'll show you a crook.--Harry Truman

Punxsutawney
      • Total Posts: 1,845

That we bankrupt ourselves trying to win….well what?

I suppose that stability there would be welcome in Russia, but really this nonsense.

In America, “Liberty” means “Free to Die in Service of Capital” - Amfortas the hippie.

Most of today’s elites have the moral and social reasoning capacities of spoiled toddlers.

“People of privilege will always risk their complete destruction rather than surrender any material part of their advantage...but the privileged also feel that their privileges, however egregious they may seem to others, are a solemn, basic, God-right. The sensitivity of the poor to injustice is a trivial thing c

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.