Political Humor

“Nobody asked for this,” CNN reporter Andrew Kaczynski

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Babel 17
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 6,379

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/hulu-scraps-plans-for-hillary-clinton-alternate-history-series-rodham/ar-AAXfuhg\

Hulu has passed on “Rodham,” the scripted alternate history series about Hillary Clinton that has been in development since 2020, TheWrap has learned.

A source close to the 20th Television project confirmed to The Wrap on Friday that they are still trying to find a home for the series, which now has Claire Danes and Dakota Fanning attached to play Clinton at different points in her life.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/hillary-clinton-tv-series-alternative-universe-never-marries-bill-clinton-forward

“Good grief,” Tablet Magazine’s Noam Blum reacted.

“Is this real?” New York Democrat Lindsey Boylan asked.

“Who possibly wants to watch this? This is like the most boring alternative reality idea ever,” journalist Jon Walker tweeted.

“Let me guess: She gets elected president. I love science fiction!” Substack writer Jim Treacher exclaimed.

“Nobody asked for this,” CNN reporter Andrew Kaczynski chimed in.

“In this alternate reality, does she visit Wisconsin?” National Review senior writer Dan McLaughlin quipped.

“As much as I love Claire Danes, the world doesn’t need Hillary Clinton fanfic,” Observer columnist Rebecca Long tweeted.

“Hollywood is now adapting Hilary Clinton fan fiction. We are doomed,” Jacobin contributing editor Benjamin Fogel similarly wrote.

Dayum, why is there such a distinct lack of love for the former destroyer of Libya/backer of “good terrorists” in Syria Secretary of State, twice rejected for the Presidency, Hillary Clinton, when she’s oozed charm and likability throughout her life?

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter about “Hillary,” the new Hulu documentary series on her life, Hillary Clinton bashes 2020 Democratic contender Bernie Sanders in harsh terms, building on what had already been a news cycle filled with bad press for Sanders in advance of the Iowa caucuses.

“He was in Congress for years,” Clinton says in an excerpt from the documentary. “He had one senator support him. Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done. He was a career politician. It’s all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it.”

When asked by The Hollywood Reporter if that statement was still valid, Clinton said, “Yes, it does.”

Clinton also refused to say she would endorse Sanders as the Democratic nominee, saying, “I’m not going to go there yet. We’re still in a very vigorous primary season.”

(much more at link) https://www.fox5dc.com/news/hillary-clinton-unleashes-on-bernie-sanders-in-new-documentary-nobody-likes-him

Oh right, I remember why now. πŸ˜‰

Don't Kill the Whale
      Don't feed the trolls

mrdmk
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,201

Here in California, people would rather go outside and watch their lawn turn brown than some lazy shit fiction about Hillary Clinton.

If you cannot dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit WC Fields

Warning DO NOT CLICK HERE!
      A Simple Game
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,320

this Ukraine war thingy would have been all over with by now.Β  Trump’s Presidency threw the schedule off by 4 years, Biden is getting all the credit for the mess and none of the blood is credited to Hillary.Β  And we all know how much Hillary loves blood on her hands.Β  Pretty inconsiderate of Bernie, if you ask her Highness.

Pam2
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 10,555

“Career politician”? And she and her sleazy hub aren’t? At least Bernie made it on his own and didn’t ride on his spouse’s coattails.

Utopian Leftist
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,092

Does no one have mercy for poor $hitlary???

Now, if someone wants to make a movie in which a charismatic figure like Bernie got elected as Pres, THAT I would watch.

β€œIt is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” ~ Krishnamurti
      "Given the choice between a Republican and a Democrat who acts like a Republican, the voter will choose a Republican every time." ~ Harry Truman

jbnw
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 8,646

But apparently horror films are more popular than feel-good movies πŸ˜‰

djean111
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 7,996

Here re the last four paragraphs; the entire thing is demented ass-kissing wishful thinking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodham_(novel)

…… (oh, please read!)

By 2015, Hillary is preparing to run for president for the third time, part of a strategy she has been planning since 1997 to acclimate the country to the idea of a woman president. She is horrified when she learns that Bill has decided to enter the presidential race after having spent the previous decades earning millions in Silicon Valley.

As Bill quickly rises in the polls, Hillary and her team consider convincing Donald Trump to run as a Republican challenger hoping that he and Bill will cancel each other out as the media struggles to cover them both. Trump declines to join the race but positions himself in the media as a close Rodham advisor, eventually endorsing her with an offensive speech that denigrates immigrants.

Hillary is hit with an accusation of sexual assault from a former female staffer. To counteract the lesbian rumours that surround her, she arranges a fake date with a donor, Albert, and is pleasantly surprised when they genuinely connect.

A debate in which she apologizes to the former staffer inspires the woman who once accused Bill Clinton of rape to come forward. Hillary Rodham wins the Democratic primary and, eventually, the presidential race against Jeb Bush. On January 20, 2017, she is elected the first female president, with Terry McAuliffe as her vice president.

Hits all the unsavory things about Herself, whilst making Bill look even worse.Β  Even makes Trump an ally.

Sample review – NPR called it “a nauseating, moving, morally suggestive, technically brilliant book”.

Methinks Herself may be trying to reinvent Herself for 2024.Β  Or something.Β  Ugh.

America is not a country, it's just a business. (Brad Pitt, Killing Them Softly)

Everything I post is just my opinion, and, honestly, I would love to be wrong.

A YouTube comment – we need new conspiracy theories – the old ones have all come true.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.