Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      gordyfl
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,323
      JonLP
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,639

The border is enforced like always, Republicans use seizures and arrests as proof the border is open or some such nonsense. Drugs always come through but the same is true in prison. Including border security makes me think this is a right wing cartoon.

I’m not up to date on the baby formula but that seems to be a private company production issue.

Gas prices will go down if the global supply is increased but that is up to the top oil producing countries and how much they want in the global market. Higher prices means more revenue for them. Lifting sanctions on Venezuela and Iran would help but I doubt the right wing wants that.

Let this radicalize you rather than lead you to despair - Mariame Kaba

Like many public systems, GOP want to rip the battery out + say the whole car doesn’t work, so they can sell it for parts - AOC

gordyfl
        Participant

Everyone knew gas prices would go up when Biden put economic sanctions on Russia’s oil and natural gas. Biden knew. He even told us. It was about “freedom” he said. Later it was “Putin’s price hike”. Energy goes up, inflation goes up. That’s economics 101. People in the White House aren’t effected financially by Biden’s inflation. They’re more concerned about crushing Russia’s economy even if that means the American people must suffer financially. They don’t, as the song goes, “don’t give a damn”.

We knew the U.S. wanted to shut down Nord Stream 2. Trump wanted to shut it down. So did Biden. Cheap natural gas to Europe was unacceptable. As far as I’m concerned, this war could have been avoided with good diplomacy and compromise. Later, we’ll look back and wish they used real diplomacy.

jbnw
          Participant
          • Total Posts: 9,150

And unanimously approved by the UN Security Council.

The first step of negotiations between Donetsk, Lugansk and Kyiv was never done.  They just wanted basic rights – instead, the US armed and trained Kyiv for war.

gordyfl
            Participant

Yes, I agree with you, and correct me if I’m wrong, but the Minsk Accords involved Russia, Ukraine, France and Germany — not the U.S.

jbnw
              Participant
              • Total Posts: 9,150

But the only country that had a real role was Ukraine to negotiate internally.  Russia, France and Germany helped with the process of negotiations.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.