Pam2
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 5,093
    @pam2

This was funny.

Satan
    • Total Posts: 2,780
    @satan

Punk rock history right there… though you would never know it, if you listened to that interview not knowing who those guys are

And in a side note of trivia…. Dave Vanian (who barely talks in this interview) ended up getting the lead singer job in the Damned because the other guy who was supposedly interested in the gig didn’t bother to show up for the audition .

That guy’s name? Sid Vicious.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable". - John F. Kennedy

Pam2
    Donor
    @pam2

@satan

“All this autotuned nonsense”. I agree with the Captain.

Satan
      @satan

Yeah, that was a 666% “sensible” response from the Captain. I only allow autotuned “music” in Hell as a means of torment. And I soundproof the torment chambers so I don’t have to hear it!

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable". - John F. Kennedy

Pam2
    Donor
    @pam2

@satan

More chat with the Captain:

Satan
    @satan

Shocking stuff there… one of the founding grandfathers of Punk talking about Grand Funk Railroad, Pet Sounds & the Bee Gees???

Pam2
      Donor
      @pam2

@satan

Good for him for being honest. I’ll give a thumbs up for the early Bee Gees.

Satan
        @satan

Their early stuff actually wasn’t bad. But the late 70s BeeGees were far worse than the late 70s Pink Floyd!

When he mentioned Grand Funk Railroad I figured he was going to say that he got the name “Captain” from that 666 minute long song where they keep saying “I’m your captain” over and over again.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.