Rock & Roll-ish

Sugar, Sugar

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe Shlabotnik
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,266

I should probably take a break from mushrooms.

~ All good things are Wild and Free ~

alcina
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 977

As a kid, I was so disillusioned when I learned they were just lip syncing. Essentially, the Milli Vanillis of their time….

On that other matter — what strain is causing you to seek out the Archie’s?! I admit I’m pretty new to the world of mushrooms, but so far the worst that’s happened is that I spent an hour watching the floor tiles breath while listening to the siren song of the dryer.

"The United States is also a one-party state but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them." -Julius Nyerere, First President of Tanzania

Joe Shlabotnik
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 1,266

Actually I’ve been working my way through a bag of Golden Teachers, for the last few weekends. I find they’re not that psychedelic, but just really positive and goofy feeling. They keep giving me episodes of spontaneous side splitting laughter too!

~ All good things are Wild and Free ~

HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 8,339

The list of musicians involved changed over time and included Andy Kim, among many others.

Satan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,728

Because his “made for TV” band rebelled against him and actually wanted to become a BAND, playing instruments & writing songs, as opposed to just singing along to studio musicians, and faking on their TV show. Kirshner needed a new “made for TV” band that would never turn against him…. and what better way to do that than using cartoons?

Legend has it that the Monkees actually refused to record “Sugar Sugar” and that’s where the whole rebellion started, though Jeff Barry & Andy Kim (the songwriters) have denied this, claiming the song wasn’t even written yet at the time.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable". - John F. Kennedy

Satan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,728

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable". - John F. Kennedy

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.