JackPine Elders

Home JackPine Elders

Hey JPR Elders…we haven't had a good conversation since the Depends debacle…

• KauaiK (3530 posts)
    Profile photo of KauaiK Donor

Hey JPR Elders…we haven't had a good conversation since the Depends debacle…

I know I don’t feel any different in my head than when I was in my 30’s.

The mirror first thing in the morning is just a shock.

misanthroptimist, KaliDurga, Baba OhReally and 5 othersPADemD, zoolook67, 99thMonkey, whispers, Haikugal like this

Critical thinking is the vaccine for charlatans of the world who exploit ignorance - JPR's own So Far From Heaven.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
15 replies
  • Haikugal (5221 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

1. I sometimes see my reflection and don't recognize myself!

How fucked up is that?

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!! Kick against the pricks!!!
    • HubHeaver (185 posts)
      Profile photo of HubHeaver Donor

11. I was walking in a mall and saw a guy comming toward me.

Aside from his terrible limp, he was one of those people that you can’t tell where he is going.  I would veer left, he would veer right.  I’d think, OK, I’ll go the other way.  His move would match mine.  Finally, I just stepped aside–he did the same.  I finally realized I was walking toward a plate glass mirror.  I really did not recognize myself.

• Haikugal (5221 posts)

12. Yep, you got it!

:rofl:

• HubHeaver (185 posts)
          Profile photo of HubHeaver Donor

13. And that was more than 15 years ago, closer to 20, when I could still claim to

be somewhat young.

• LuckyDog (640 posts)
    Profile photo of LuckyDog

2. Speak for yourself, KauaiK,

Fanboy and others and me have been having a lively discussion n the hippie thread.  Late into the wee hours last night.

Where were you?

• KauaiK (3530 posts)

5. Probably in bed.

It’s been too cold to stay up.  Houses here do NOT have heaters.  So when it gets cold I go to bed to read.

Critical thinking is the vaccine for charlatans of the world who exploit ignorance - JPR's own So Far From Heaven.

• NV Wino (3216 posts)
    Profile photo of NV Wino Donor

3. I had cataract surgery last year

The first time I looked in the mirror afterwards my jaw dropped. Where did all those wrinkles come from?

Resist-sm_zpswfchkz8t  
    • KauaiK (3530 posts)

6. I know, I know….

I look at myself and realize I have the EXACT same lines & wrinkles as my mother.  WHEN did that happen???

• NV Wino (3216 posts)

9. Yeah, that's probably the scariest part.

Resist-sm_zpswfchkz8t  
  • ThouArtThat (3868 posts)
    Profile photo of ThouArtThat Donor

4. Spirit Still Young – Mind Functioning – Body Parts – Well Never Mind

eom

"In America Today, Power Corrupts and Money Corrupts Absolutely" - Anonymous  
    • KauaiK (3530 posts)

7. I know about the body parts…

I’d like to change out my knees and get a spring installed in my back.  :shrug:

• NV Wino (3216 posts)

8. Knees are tough

But, I have had a hip replaced and it has been great. I think I’m working up to being the bionic woman.

Resist-sm_zpswfchkz8t  
  • So Far From Heaven (9579 posts)
    Profile photo of So Far From Heaven Donor

10. I beg your pardone??

Debacle?

Got you going, didn’t it?  animated-jumping-smiley-image-0053

Should have seen the conversation ‘Pool and I had before the name change.

I dream of how things could be, and ask ‘Why not?’ Dwelling on the past keeps us rooted to the past. I say to hell with what has come before, let us shape that which will be.
  • Haikugal (5221 posts)

14. No comment….

:rofl: